Systems Support Officertemp
Adkins & Cheurfi are working on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council who are looking for a Systems Support Officer to contribute to the effective running of the business support team; to deliver a high quality, customer focussed service responding to queries; To help maintain the ERP systems we support, to ensure that these meet statutory requirements and customer needs.
This System Support Officer will be remote working from the start of the placement, and then a few days a week at the Council’s new site at Alconbury Weald. The position has the possibility of being extended/ becoming permanent after the initial 13 week period.
The Systems Support Officer team provides operational level, functional and technical support to users of the various LGSS ERP platforms, including but not limited to ERP systems. The team are responsible for maintaining system integrity, availability and robustness, support and enhancement of the existing ERP systems and development of new functionality.
A suitable candidate will:
- Act as first point of contact for LGSS systems in order to help system users perform their tasks more effectively, referring difficult problems to Support Analysts as appropriate
- Perform daily housekeeping activities which support the business processes
- Assist with managing the call list including monitoring calls logged via Lets Go Direct and direct to the team inbox
- Work as an effective team member assisting and supporting colleagues across the service as appropriate to ensure accurate and timely service delivery
- Utilise effective communication and a proactive approach to ensure collaborative working with colleagues across Business Systems, and wider LGSS department e.g. User Admin, Helpdesk
Their key skills will include:
- Experience of a customer focused support / technical environment
- Be able to plan own workload, prioritise workloads and time with the minimum of supervision
- Methodical worker and able to pay attention to detail
- Be able to adapt, react and contribute positively to changing circumstances
What can we offer you:
- Holiday entitlement accrued while working
- Pension contribution from employer
- Opportunity to apply for permanent positions as an ‘internal candidate’
- Gain experience to support permanent applications