|1. Support the project team in the selection, implementation (and assurance) of an ECommerce capability.
- Designing the Ecommerce solution: In collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders you will create appropriate architectural design documentation for the Met Office’s future Ecommerce capability (which is driven by user need and customer experience). You will maintain and communicate a coherent architectural design (inc. TCO and integrations) to enable successful delivery of the new capability.
- Assuring the design: As part of a wider peer group you will provide ongoing design assurance throughout the life of the project. This will include: ongoing focus on articulation of user needs; creating, maintaining and communicating architectural artefacts; acting as the technical design authority for the project; maintaining regular engagement with the enterprise IT architect team; making and recording architectural decisions; participating in architectural peer reviews; consider and calculate technical debt.
- Supporting the community: As a member of an enterprise wide community of practice you will actively share knowledge and good practice and support the continuous improvement of the architecture function
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- An excellent technical understanding of the solutions underpinning the delivery of the Ecommerce capability
- Good working knowledge of enterprise ECommerce platforms including implementation experience of one of more well-known platforms
- Integration patterns and API specification methods and standards
- An excellent technical understanding of the process requirements underpinning the governance of an Ecommerce capability.
- An excellent understanding of development methods (DevOps, CI/CD) which support the delivery of technical solutions
- Proven ability to architect and deliver technology solutions that meet user needs and improve customer experience
- Proven ability to provide technical coordination and negotiation for projects, including managing suppliers, architectural design assurance, setting goals and timelines with clear priorities, overseeing delivery.
- Ability to communicate architectural descriptions and development plans to diverse business and technical audiences through different forms (including written, diagrammatic and verbal).
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work as part of a product selection team through formalised procurement activity
- Experience of architectural modelling notations, and/or specifically C4 architecture model
- Design documentation and supporting artefacts which describe the technical response to stated project requirements, encompassing Context and Container diagrams
- Documented interfaces between the Ecommerce platform and the integration with existing Met Office services including IAM, API Management (WS02), CMS (Bloomreach), Card Payment system (Stripe), CRM (D365), Service Catalogue (SN), Analytics (CLAS), Account billing (D365)
- Support the Product Owner in shaping and prioritising user journeys, driving out the detail in functional and non-functional requirements.
- Roadmap and lifecycle plans for the Ecommerce platform and ongoing Business as Usual platform management.