Senior Project Managercontractor
- Agree the project scope, identify the outputs and plan the activities needed to deliver the required business change whilst ensuring that resources are available and timescales realistic.
- Direct and motivate the project team to ensure tasks are completed in line with the project plan and required standards.
- Monitor, verify, forecast, and report project progress and finances against the plan to identify any issues affecting the project delivery or achievement of the business case, initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Build relationships and communicate with all stakeholders (including some external stakeholders) of the project to ensure all decisions are focused on achievement of the business case.
- Work with colleagues from across the delivery team in support of wider Portfolio aims.
- Identify, analyse, evaluate and prioritise risks to ensure appropriate actions are in place to minimise their potential impacts on the business.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Current Prince 2 Practitioner and/or APM (Association for Project Management) Certificate or equivalent, or be willing to gain these qualifications. Practitioner in MoP, MSP or MoR would also be an advantage
- A proven track record of delivering on time and to customers’ requirements, ideally through experience of managing several high-risk business critical projects from start to finish.
- A proven ability to escalate issues and recommend solutions through formal and informal channels, securing effective outcomes
- The ability to handle multiple demands and shifting priorities together with an ability to identify the important issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that engage and influence internal and external people at all levels and backgrounds
- Be able to demonstrate some knowledge of Met Office customers, the products and services delivered to them, and the IT capability within the Met Office.
- Experience of working in any or all of these areas i) the Defence Sector ii) delivery of complex IT projects iii) delivery of services through a Cloud technology environment.
- Experience of delivering projects using both agile and waterfall techniques.
- Experience of collaboration and project tools
Contract length: 6 months