Im looking for a PHP middle weight (or looking to move up to middle weight) developer to join one of my clients in the Newcastle Upon Tyne. You should have at least 2 to 4 years commercial experience and a proven track record of success. You will join an existing team of talented developers in a growing company which is expanding globally.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining functionality for systems used by millions of users worldwide as well as being in charge of your own smaller projects for their clients.
- OOPHP V5.6 and 7.x
You should be able to write well structured, DRY code which adheres to the latest PSR standards.
You should be able to write well structured, normalised and efficient database schemas and understand database efficiency and optimisation
- MVC Framework knowledge
Good working knowledge of a well structured MVC framework (ideally Zend Framework 2 and 3 but others will still be beneficial such as Laravel or Symphony)
- Well organised
It’s essential that you can organise yourself well and prioritise your tasks
You will report to the head of development on a regular basis. It’s essential that you can report on progress efficiently as well as work with your other team members.
- Good understanding of Linux based server environment (Debian/Ubuntu preferable)
- Good knowledge of GIT
- ORM Knowledge and previous experience using an ORM (Doctrine preferable)
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world-class products
- Organised and self-motivated
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Personable, sociable and easy-going
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast-paced environment
- Monday to Friday
- 22 Annual days holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary
- Social events
- Social drinks on a Friday
- Opportunity to work with a close-knit, motivational team in an established global company
- Top-end tech
- On-site parking
- Flexible working hours
Typical 09:00–17:30 working day