Customer Service Representative – Pharmaceutical
Job Title: Medical Information Specialist
Location: Germany ( Remote Work)
My client a leading pharmaceutical employer in Germany is looking for customer service specialist that have worked in a medical or pharmaceutical organisation with experience of supporting external customers with queries and complaints via phone, email, live chat and social media
The Medical Information Specialist is responsible for providing premier customer service on inquiries, explaining client products, and handling complaints in English and other languages in a prompt, courteous, clear and concise manner. At minimum, this position handles one brand, line of business, or contact type based upon the needs and structure of the client.
Principal Responsibilities: (Essential Function)
Include all or majority of the following below. Other duties may be assigned:
- Confers with internal and/or external customers in order to provide information about Pharmaceutical and Consumer health products and/or services such as processing customer requests, orders, obtaining details of complaints over the phone, by email, live chat, social media or other method of communication.
- Organize and utilize all support resources provided including emails, documentation, contact lists, etc. to provide high quality of customer service.
- Resolves customer questions and concerns effectively and efficiently by actively listening, communicating clearly and concisely, and assuring customer understanding.
- Ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty by consulting with customers, assisting customers, and resolving a wide variety of customer requests, inquiries, and complaints.
- Documents customer interactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, comments and actions taken, including Adverse Events.
- Accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness are key logging components.
- Provides prompt and accurate service to promote customer loyalty for the client.
- Obtain and examines all relevant information to identify, log and report properly customer complaints and Adverse Events
- Ensures that production and quality expectations are achieved and meet or exceed all client contractual requirements.
- Confirm and update customer profile information as needed.
- Follow all documented escalation procedures, including issues requiring 3rd party intervention.
- Follow all documented procedures to handle open and resolved cases including but not limited to performing outbound interactions with customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline required.
- Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a contact center.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- This position requires completion and certification of all program-related training, and all other Privacy and Compliance related training.
Skills & Competencies:
- Very good written and spoken command of English;
- Very good written and spoken command of foreign languages different from English at B2 or above level as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages will be considered an advantage.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures (SOPs) or other job aids;
- To write routine correspondence, to speak effectively and informatively, and respond to questions from customers, clients or employees of an organization, over the phone or in-person.
- Ability to type fast with a high degree of accuracy while talking;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral or diagram form and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and to navigate through multiple systems and job aids while responding to the customer’s inquiry;
- Ability to navigate through and understand social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.).
- Ability to manage difficult, irate or emotional customers while maintaining composure;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Excellent time and process management skills, strong data integrity and attention to detail;
- Ability to read, write and speak a language in addition to English fluently may be required according to the program needs/requirements.