Major Works Project Managercontractor
Adkins & Cheurfi are searching for a Major Works Project Manager for a role-based in the London, Haringey.
About the Role
- Plan, monitor, control and successfully project manage an increased range of medium value (predominantly project values from £1,000,000 up to £5,000,000) and/or medium complexity (construction stage will be delivered in a single phase; change will have a impact on council business activity; and or members may show some interest and /or have a role in shaping the project) capital projects (predominantly construction related) from inception to completion under minimal supervision of a Senior Project Manager.
- Co-ordinate the collection of all relevant advice and information from the appropriate sources that will assist in risk management, decision making and project delivery.
- Effectively manage the project teams so that the agreed project objectives and success criteria are achieved.
- Ensure that project records, files and any related documentation are maintained up to date.
- To carry duties in accordance with the Council’s Health and Safety policies and relevant statutory requirements and obligations.
- To be able travel, visit and meet at various premises, offices, and construction sites within and outside of the London Borough of Haringey but within the United Kingdom during and outside of core working hours for at least but not limited to two days per week.
- To be responsive to the needs of the Major Projects Team and the wider business unit in that it is not always possible to operate to fixed normal working hours thus ensure that work is completed when required and in response to the operational needs of the service, for example, attend publicity and consultation events as required.
- Experience in the planning, managing, monitoring and delivery of low to medium value (project values between £500,000 to £2,500,000) and medium complex and (preferably construction related) projects from inception to completion.
- Experience of developing and agreeing the scope, budget and programme with the project sponsor and the commission of approved design, cost and construction related consultancy services.
- Ability to effectively manage the project teams under supervision so that the agreed project objectives and success criteria are achieved.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office and other core office systems/tools and Microsoft Project or similar
- Experience of working in a large multi-functional organisation or business within either the public or private sector, within a programme and/or project management and/or asset management and/or education and/or construction related field.
- Experience of public/stakeholder/end user consultation and communication.
*Very Competitive Salary*