Isolation Support Advisorcontractor
|End of March 2022
|Cambridgeshire – Remote work
|HOURS PER WEEK
|Full-time & Part-time hours available
|£10.41 per hour
About the job:
As an Isolation Support Advisor for Cambridgeshire County Council, you will carry out telephone interviews and provide advice on self-isolation and the sources of community support that are available for residents who have been identified as coming into contact with an individual who has tested positive for Covid-19.
You will work autonomously and need to be able to exercise judgment and questioning skills for this role. In some instances, you will need to be able to call upon your persuasion skills.
Remote working from home.
37 hours per week between 8.00 am and 8.00 pm, flexible to work Monday – Sunday (Full-time)
16 hours per week between 9:00 am – 17:30 pm or 11:30 am – 20:00 pm – Saturday and Sunday only (Part-time)
15 hours per week between 17:00 to 20:00 – Evening shifts only (Part-time)
Responsibilities of the role:
- Deliver an efficient and friendly telephone call handling service to provide accurate and consistent information and advice to residents who have been identified as meeting an individual who has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Work autonomously and exercise a high degree of judgment, analysis, and fact-finding to ascertain where individuals have been. In some instances, information will be required to be teased from individuals, which will require persuasion and motivational skills.
- Accurately Interpret information obtained during interviews with Covid-19 contacts to make appropriate decisions from a range of options, utilizing scripts, internal procedures, and guidance.
- Promote, support, and encourage contacts to utilize digital systems and solutions wherever possible.
- Utilize digital systems to their full potential to manage and respond to contact lists, maintain accurate records of conversations, and provide information as required.
- Handle complaints and difficult customers in a calm and professional manner, ensuring customer focussed services, demonstrating initiative, diplomacy, and resilience in a demanding environment.
- Manage a caseload effectively and prioritize key tasks to meet tight deadlines, whilst dealing with interruptions and conflicting demands arising from customer queries and incoming telephone calls, ensuring key performance indicators are achieved.
- Work closely with other Advisors in delivering services, creating a rapid and responsible service.
- Escalate and refer any challenging or complex contacts, incidents, queries, or complaints to an Isolation Support Team Leader.
- Ensure awareness of and compliance with national legislation relating to the management of Covid-19 and, the confidentiality of personal information, and the principles of data handling.
- Undertake any associated administrative work as required or other duties commensurate with the nature and grade of the role.
Experience of working in a customer service type role and or providing a service to the public as well as the ability to work independently and manage and prioritize your own workload is essential. Applicants must be able to communicate effectively and confidently over the telephone with a wide range of people and have good computer skills and the ability to pick up new systems quickly. We are seeking a diverse team and the ability to communicate in a minority community language would be welcomed.
Laptops will be provided. A reliable broadband connection is required to support cloud-based services including video conferencing and skype. Applicants must be flexible over the 7 days of service and across the operational hours. Occasional attendance at an office site may be required to collect equipment and complete some aspects of the induction/ training program.