Data Platform Engineertemp
Adkins & Cheurfi are searching for a Data Platform Engineer for a role-based in Preston.
A Data Platform Engineer who can be responsible for the day-to-day management, administration, maintenance, monitoring and modernisation of the University’s data platforms, systems and integrations; applying agile development practices and working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary product team
focused on continuous improvement.
To drive, inform and implement technological solutions taking ideas and/or designs to development into production, working in close collaboration with wider IT team and key business stakeholders.
- Identify, evaluate and translate business requirements to support the development, implementation, updating and testing of datasets, reports, integrations and lead on the development and implementation of the technology roadmap.
- Lead on the development and implementation of plans for data warehouse modernisation, through the identification, evaluation and translation of business data and reporting requirements. This will include a wider choice of data sources, security model(s), greater and more intuitive end-user options for visualisation and reporting, and capabilities for machine learning and analytics.
- Provide system administration for the University’s data platforms and integrations, managing security permissions and role-based access.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across relevant University teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues with data platforms and integrations.
- Support the definition and development of data architecture roadmaps adhering to architecture standards, policies and governance approaches and processes.
- Experience of administering data warehouse platforms, carrying out requirements engineering and business process modelling activities.
- Experience of 2nd/3rd line system support in a customer/business focused environment.
- Experience of working to defined principles around data and system architecture, documentation and change controls.
- Experience of providing/undertaking solution analysis, options appraisal and recommendations.
- Relevant business or systems-based degree or equivalent work experience.