Senior Project Manager
Adkins & Cheurfi are recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to work remotely but within travelling distance of London for office access.
Our client is undertaking a large and complex programme to separate its consumer business into a separate entity. The Senior Project Manager will create a standalone company that will be one of the largest consumer companies in the world containing many well-known and trusted brands.
As this essentially offers the standalone company the opportunity to create an IT landscape that is not tied to the existing services, solutions and practice, it also offers the opportunity for using IT solutions that can be designed and developed from the ground up using best-in-class industry offerings. This role is for a Senior Project Manager working on the project to deliver the new consumer company. Specific project assignment will be assigned on an as-needed basis.
The role will be expected to work in a fast-paced environment with high degrees of ambiguity arising from a period of significant change.
- Must have experience in large corporate environments
- Must have significant experience working in corporate IT infrastructure projects
- Lead the hands-on delivery and project management of assigned workstream initiatives towards achieving target outcomes and benefits/value, in line with agreed expectations around scope, timing, budget & quality
- Provide proactive management of initiative scope, plans, risks, issues, dependencies and benefits in line with agreed standards set by the PMO.
- Provide high levels of assurance, transparency as well as accurate and timely reports to the Programme Manager and Delivery Lead.
- Candidates must be experienced in working in technology and specifically in the IT infrastructure space.
- Projects will run at an aggressive rate, the candidate must be able to operate in a high-pressure environment where deployment milestones must be met
- Should be experienced in running large projects with complex requirements.
- Must understand both agile and waterfall project management
- Some travel may be required
- Must be “self-starting” able to operate with minimal supervision to achieve targets.
- Translates initiative objectives into actionable implementation plans. Owns the detailed end-to-end plans across all relevant initiatives, providing coverage across detailed design, and key delivery milestones.
- Manages dependencies between initiatives and broader workstream transformation activity and surfaces these to PMO and Programme Manager
- Leads key project management activities for relevant initiatives, including plan management, tracking and reporting of delivery progress/status; identification, evaluation and resolution of risks, issues, dependencies; tracking, development and assurance of initiative deliverables
- Provides end-to-end oversight of plan across all in-scope infrastructure deliverables
- Leads the resolution of issues/problems by bringing together experts to drive consensus on the way forward with a ‘Can-do’ attitude
- Identify, engage and manage relevant stakeholders. Manage delivery interactions with key workstreams
- Adheres to workstream governance requirements and standards set by the Programme Manager / PMO. Represents the initiatives at Workstream meetings and leads any initiative-specific delivery/governance meetings
- Provides ongoing clarity, transparency and assurance to the Workstream PMO on status/progress, plans, risks, dependencies, quality and escalations.
Target Capability Profile:
High performers with a demonstrable track record of project delivery and impact. Strong project management capability / technical expertise – demonstrable success in managing project delivery within key strategic programmes within global highly matrixed companies.
Demonstrated success managing technical/infrastructure projects using Agile (SAFe) delivery and Kanban methodologies. Project Manager and Scrum Master experience preferred.
Confident, proactive self-starters, comfortable in managing/engaging others and in dealing with and navigating ambiguity or shifting context. Primarily execution-focused but works to understand the broader strategic context and ensure strategic alignment.
A consulting-type skillset/mindset – strong influencing/relationship-building, leadership, communication and problem-solving skills, supported by strong EQ and learning agility. Ideally experience or subject matter knowledge of the function in question and/or key transformation levers (e.g. process re-design; offshoring/outsourcing; automation).