Mechanical Service Technician
My Client have an Instrument Service Centre based in Telford Shropshire, and there is currently a vacancy for a Mechanical Calibration technician.
The role will involve exposure to a wide range of precision test and measurement equipment, and will require the candidate to learn and understand how to make accurate measurements of characteristics such as: Length, Mass, Pressure, Torque, etc. The role will be predominately service centre based, however there may be opportunity to be part of a team working on customer sites.
Responsibilities & Skills to include:
- Precise measurement of mechanical items such as Calipers, Verniers, Micrometers, Plug Gauges, Pressure Gauges, Torque wrenches etc with significant emphasis on quality & attention to detail.
- Working as part of a wider team to prioritise both their own and team’s workload
- Good IT skills in using PC’s and office applications
- Comfortable in communicating both internally (to other team members) and externally (to customers) as necessary.
- Requirements:*Depending upon experience, will consider trainee level service technician and will provide training*
Candidate ideally will have GCSEs in Math, English, and Physics.
Additional A-level and/or BTec qualifications in Mechanical Engineering would be considered an advantage, as well as any previous experience in Mechanical industries.